TO COMPLETE APPLICATION:
- Return to the Sheriff’s Office on Monday, Wednesday or Friday 8:30am-11:20am with the following:
- A completed application with notarization on page 2 and the Release of Physical and Mental Health document.
- An original copy of the certificate of completion from a firearms safety and training course.
- If you have been a member of the military, a copy of your discharge papers must accompany your application
- Fingerprints will be required, our office hours for fingerprinting are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30am-11:20am.
- Cash Only – Application fee is $80, fingerprinting is $10 = $90 Total
- Applicants can expect the application process to be approximately 30 to 90 days from the date of submission.
TO RENEW CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT:
- Return completed application with notarization on page 2 and the Release of Physical and Mental Health document.
- Cash Only – Application fee is $75
- You may bring your application into the Sheriff’s Office any time Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- An applicant must be over 21 years of age, a citizen of the United States and a resident of North Carolina for 30 days.
- Applications for a Concealed Weapon Permit may be picked up at the Sheriff’s Office any time during regular office hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE